Monday, March 30, 2009

Where did the month go?

I've just spent the last 45 minutes catching up on all my friend's blogs. Instead of commenting on each of them, I'll just let you know that I enjoyed hearing about what has been going on for each of you. My job has been keeping me very busy and it is sad to think that I don't really have a lot to show for it yet. Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy. Working hours and hours, weeks and weeks, and not making any money. I'm hopeful it won't always be this way, though.
I've had a lot of roller coaster emotional moments this last month, too. Some ups, lots of downs. As I neared my 1 year anniversary at John L Scott (March 11th), I seriously contemplated whether to continue on. Yet, I'm still hanging in there. (thanks to Rob's encouragement. I think he'd like me to make the big bucks so that he can stay home and be the "home-maker").


So, in case any of you wondered if I had fallen off the face of the earth, I haven't. I'm still here. Trying to balance (if one can) family, work, friends, volunteering, housekeeping, blogging, returning people's phone calls and e-mails....(sorry for any of you that I didn't respond to recently.)

5 comments:

Leah said...

So glad you are "still here". I've been wondering how you are doing. Hope you can find a few little moments for yourself, I'm really looking forward to the beach trip, as I'm sure you are to!

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

thanks for sharing, Amie. i don't think there's such a thing as balance anymore, either. :) it's all a hype-balance this, balance that. i'll be thinking and praying for you as you spend time with family, work, volunteer and do everything else you're trying to do.

lani said...

well, hello, stranger! :) good to hear an update from you. hang in there with the job - i'm sure you're learning what it takes to be really good much better than you would in an up market - and your dedication will pay off in the long run.

Unknown said...

Well I, for one, am really glad that you are hanging in there with work! ;)

Hannah said...

I'm praying for you Amy. Hang in there!