Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Here's the Scoop!

After catching up on my friends' blogs, I realize that I am not the only one who has put off blogging for some time. Whew! I guess spring is a busy time for everyone! Mainly what I was going to blog about what how Real Estate is going.

Let's see...my last paycheck was October 11th. (That right there should tell you a lot!) I have two different clients that I have written offers up for that are waiting to hear back if they are accepted because they are short sales (that dreaded word that brings shivers up and down the spines of all but the strongest of Realtors). Hearing back on short sales can take up to several months. One of those buyers is someone who walked in while I was at the office on a Saturday, visiting from Las Vegas, wanted to find some river front property. I gave him some printouts of possible places and on the following Monday I showed one to he and his wife. They came back to the office and wrote up a cash offer! I can't wait for this to go through.

I have also been trying to sell three homes. My most popular listing, the fixer on almost an acre in Boring, (which brought in calls almost daily), ended up being foreclosed on because the seller and the lender could not work out a deal together. (Another short sale situation.) One other listing is also a short sale (deep sigh), and I have been waiting three weeks now for the final approval-which has taken them months to even get to that point. I'm about to strangle someone at US Bank! I'm afraid the buyers for this house are going to give up waiting and find a different house. Actually that already happend for this house--these are the second set of buyers. My third listing has been a puzzle. I thought it would be a simple home to sell. But it is proving to be otherwise. It's a good price for a starter home, but for some reason I am not getting much activity on it. I'm hoping we don't have to reduce the price further.


Last week, when I was the broker on duty I received a call from an agent in West Linn who had a buyer interested in a home in Sandy. They passed the buyer on to me because they didn't want to come out to Sandy. So I showed this family a few homes and it looks like possibly next week I might help them write up an offer on a home that they like! Yeah!
Real Estate life is definitely a roller-coaster kind of job. I am having fun on most days. I am learning so much, too. I hope I can just make it through this difficult time soon so that I can pay my bills, and my babysitters!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Whew! I'll be praying that some more homes sell and that you can have peace and comfort through all of this!

lani said...

wow - i'm glad you're learning a lot and enjoying it, but i do hope that things start to come through for you soon! looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!

Hannah said...

:( Sorry things are rough right now Amie. I hope things turn around soon! Hope we might be able to get together sometime in June.