Monday, August 25, 2008

Busy Broker

I'm excited to say that I'm in the midst of my first home selling transaction! I listed a house on the 13th and two days later an offer came in for it. I've been in the process of helping my Seller negotiate the terms of the agreement. We're expecting it to close in early September. I am thrilled about how quickly this is going, but it has been a learning experience. So many forms to fill out, so many deadlines. There is a lot to know, that you don't learn when you go to school to get your license. I am grateful to have a very knowledgeable Principal Broker who helps me all the time, as well as a trainer, and many other people at the office who are answering all my questions each day.

I've also been having a great time meeting new people in my business. I've been going to appointments meeting For Sale By Owners (FSBO's). There are some really great families out there, I wish I could find buyers for them. Do you know of anyone who wants to buy a vacation home in Welches, or a vintage home in Gresham? I'd be glad to hook them up. I don't mind working with FSBO's as long as they don't mind working with me.

I heard about an interesting website today while at work it is http://www.walkscore.com Check it out. Enter a location and it will tell you what stores and restaurants are nearby, and it will give you the walking distance. This is great if you are planning a trip or visiting a new city. (or if you like to walk a lot you can find great places to visit that are "walker-friendly".)
I've got a lot of other things going on besides work, but that will have to wait for another post.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Glad things are going good at work! How exciting! Hope you are doing good too!

Kristi said...

Congrats on the house sale! Yea! Hope everything goes smoothly and no bumps in the road.

Unknown said...

Woohoo! Go Amie!!!! Hope everything goes smoothly. Can't wait to hear what else you have going on too! :)