Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dahlia Day



Today Rob and I and the kids went for an outing to Canby to a Dahlia Festival. It was held at the Swan Island Dahlia farm, where they grow several hundred varieties of Dahlias on over 40 acres. They had an indoor area where they had arrangements to look at. We were glad about this because when we arrived it was pouring rain outside and we were not dressed for rainy weather.


Later, when we were done indoors we went out and walked around their farm. There was a neat pond where Katie enjoyed looking at the Koi fish.




Dahlia's are my favorite flower and I hope to grow them someday. I will have a hard time choosing which ones to grow, though when it comes time to plant them. I saw so many that I liked!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo for a post with pictures! It looks like a lot of fun. You should stop by after work one day and take home a bouquet of my dahlias! I have plenty to share! :)

lani said...

i *love* dahlias!
we had so many at our wedding because they were in season and we got them cheap - i was in heaven! :)