Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Where I've Been



It's been several weeks since my last post. I wish I could tell you I've been basking on the warm sands of some tropical island. But I have not. I have been deep in the chaos of my home and life. It's a fun chaos though, although a bit busier than I can handle.



Jonathan and Katie both started school several weeks ago. Jonathan is in 1st Grade and Katie is going to Preschool two mornings a week. They both like it. Katie's teacher is Mrs. Strong, but with the way Katie talks she calls her Mrs. Pong. Jonathan doesn't like going to the after school care program at his school, so we have some pretty big crying spells on the day he has to stay late. That is hard for me.
I closed my first transaction at my job, and I was very excited! To celebrate we headed to the Golden Arches (I let the kids choose where they wanted to have our celebration dinner) and I splurged and bought myself a milkshake with our meal. I hope in 5 years from now my pay day celebration meals will be a bit fancier! Anyhow, I am in the very middle of another transaction. It is definitely a learning experience. After this home sells I won't have any more listings, so I will need to find some more ready and willing clients. If any of you know someone interested in buying or selling, send them my way. (Please)



We had a yard sale on Saturday, which was a ton of work! We had quite a few people come, but not enough. We still have lots of stuff left. We are going to take it to a friend's garage sale this weekend in hopes that we can sell off more of it. I've got 8 large boxes of kids clothes for sale. Rob is selling at least 100 books. Then we have the usual assortment of rare and eclectic items for sale as well. Let me know if you want info on where the sale will be this weekend.

4 comments:

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

oh, Amy! What a busy schedule; curious to hear an update on that home in Sandy, and how that transaction is going. Guessing that's the one you're still in the middle of, right?

Praying for Jonathan, and you! I might stop by the sale this weekend for fun. Kristy told me about it today on our walk. Glad Katie's having a great time in school!

Love, H

Leah said...

Amy -
Congrats on the house! How exciting for you! I hope Jonathan is adjusting a little more. it was so nice to catch up with you at the women's event the other night!

lani said...

congrats on your home sale! here's to many more! :)

Unknown said...

Hooray for your first closing!!!