Saturday, September 20, 2008

Learning A Lot in Real Estate

Well, if any of you went to the garage sale this weekend looking for all of the kids clothes that I had to sell, you probably noticed that the clothes weren't there. That's because I had NO time to even take a glance at the boxes of clothes let alone do something with them for the sale this weekend. Oh well, I will try to sell them some other way.
I am still in the midst of the Sandy home sale. Doing the run-around with lenders who want to take their own sweet time, not really thinking about the needs of others. I was told on Wednesday that I would be receiving a fax within 24 to 48 hours, and as of this morning, I still hadn't received it. On Friday when I called to check on the status of the fax they said I should be receiving it soon. Hmmm...
I had my first experience with taking Buyers to look at a home and them having an argument in front of me today. Now that was interesting. Guess I am going to have to learn what to do when that happens again. (Because I'm sure it will.) I felt a little awkward to say the least.
But I love my job still. I have a great time with the other agents in my office. I've had a full week. Somewhat stressful, but fun too.

3 comments:

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

oh wow, Amie! That just makes me laugh...I think it's silly that people aren't more considerate of their surroundings when they choose to argue. Was it a nasty fight, or just a little disagreement? Maybe next time you can whip out the video camera and make them feel real awkward! ;)

Leah said...

Thanks for the updates, I love hearing how it is all going, even if it is stressful for you I at least know what to pray for! Maybe try craiglist for the clothes, or I may be having a garage sale in October...I'll keep you posted on that.

Unknown said...

Oh, Amie! That would have been uncomfortable. Were you able to walk into a different room to let them have space? Hope that things wrap up quickly!