Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday Summary

I had a fun day today. We went to the Teddy Bear Parade in downtown Gresham this morning. Katie and I sat and watched the parade while Jonathan and Rob were in the parade with Jonathan's classmates. The Montessori school had a spot in the parade. Jonathan rode his bike. (I will have to post pictures later.) I think he had a fun time.
Later on in the day I took Jonathan to Target to get a birthday present for a party we are going to tomorrow. Nothing like shopping at the last minute! He had a blast looking at all of the toys. I picked out what we were going to get his friend. He just looked at each and every toy and said, "Oh Mom, look at this! Look at this! This one is neat too! Wow, this is neat..." I'm embarrassed to say that half of the stuff he looked at was in the "girl aisle". While at Target I noticed that they were having a 75% off sale on back to school items. I was able to get Jonathan a new backpack for just under $4! He needed one too. I also got he and Katie new lunch boxes for $3 each. These were things I wanted to get before school started but didn't have the money for. What a blessing to find them so cheap today! On the way home Jonathan couldn't thank me enough for the backpack and lunch box. He was so happy and lovey-dovey! At home he even told Katie that he loved her!!! I couldn't believe my ears!

Tonight Rob and I went out to the movies. We saw the new movie called Fireproof. It was a good movie. If you want to know what the movie is about check out the website http://fireproofthemovie.com. I am not that up for describing the movie right now. I'm kind of tired. If you end up seeing it, let me know. I'd love to hear what you think of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love to hear what you thought of the movie.

It was great visiting with you yesterday. I love it when you come over. :)

lani said...

i looked up fireproof - joel and i are definitely going to have to see it. it looks great.

see you soon!