Saturday, December 20, 2008

25 Hours Without Kids

We were able to take Jonathan and Katie over to my parent's house yesterday afternoon so that they could stay overnight. That is always a treat for them, as well as for Rob and I. So how have we been enjoying our 25 hours without kids?

I had a raging headache all day yesterday, which did not go away until late this morning. (I still have a slight headache.)

We ventured out to the craft store and to the bank after dropping off our kids.

Had a quiet dinner together (of breakfast cereal since I didn't feel good).

Went for a very fun drive through the area looking at Christmas lights. The homes look so fun in the snow!
Foot massages!!!
Sleeping in until 9:00 (for me). Mostly because of my headache.
Watching the snow blow around and feeling so glad that I can be inside where it is warm.
Rob and I working on our own individual projects around the house. It's amazing how much more you can get done when all persons under 7 years of age are not present!
We were hoping that maybe the kids could get snowed in at my parents so we could get another day home alone, but they only live 3 miles away, so that's not going to happen. (Plus they have a huge 4-wheel drive truck that I'm sure could handle the snow if we can't pick them up. sigh.) I guess I'll be grateful for what we got!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Glad you got some time to yourselves! Hope you are feeling better.

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

sounds fun....see you in a couple weeks!

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

oh yeah, Merry Christmas!! :)

Hannah said...

Those headaches...argh! Sounds like you made the most of it anyway. So glad you got some time with you hubby with the kiddos around. Wish it could have been headache free.

Hannah said...

My note was supposed to say, glad you got some time with your hubby without the kiddos around :)