Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Twelve Days of Christmas


Rob and I finally discovered why there are 12 Days of Christmas. That's how long it takes to decorate!



Day one (Tuesday evening): Pick up toys in living room, vacuum and then move the furniture around and around to make a space for the tree.



Day two (Wednesday evening): Jonathan and Katie help me hang up glitter covered snowflakes around the house, and colored tinsely garland on the stairs. After dinner we put "together" the tree.



Day three (this evening): We can't figure out how we managed to plug in the Christmas tree lights last year because our outlet has only two holes, and we have a three-pronged plug. After Rob spends 10 minutes rearranging cords and such, I begin winding my way around the tree. First, a string of colored lights. (Jonathan wants the tree to have colored lights, but that is the only sting we have.) Next, a string of white lights. Next...string numbers 3, 4, and 5 all don't work! That's all we have for tree lights. Since it is bedtime by this point, and the kids are begging to decorate the tree, we let them decorate the parts that already have lights on them. So the bottom half of our tree is decorated, but the top half is still bare.



We still have 9 more days to decorate!

7 comments:

Leah said...

So funny! Last year it took us 9 days just to get the tree decorated, we were down to the last minute!

Unknown said...

Oh, good! I don't feel so bad, we got our tree on Sunday and it still stands with only lights and a little bit of garland. :) Hopefully this weekend we will get it done!

lani said...

lol! love the half n half tree!

i haven't even pulled my christmas stuff out yet - and i'm the one who starts listening to christmas music in september! life has been against me so far this december. :P

Hannah said...

I love it. This is real life. Things went a little faster for us this year but now it's trying to keep the ornaments on the tree and the stockings hung. My boys are always working to undo all my efforts :-)

Hannah said...

I love it! This is real life. Things went pretty fast for us getting decorated but now it's trying to keep things decorated that's the challenge. Maybe we need to try the twelve days of christmas approach :-)

Hannah said...

I love it! This is real life. We managed to get decorated pretty quickly but now the challenge is to keep the decorations where they go :-) Maybe we should try the twelve days of Christmas approach.

Hannah said...

lol. I kept thinking my comments weren't posting so I kept rewriting what I wanted to say. Now you have 3 versions of my comments since I couldn't quite remember what I said before!!!