Sunday, January 11, 2009

Showing Homes

Today was a fun day. I got to take some friends out to look at homes (you know who you are). I LOVE looking at houses. Maybe that is one reason why I got into real estate. Maybe that is also why I have been the one to instigate moving each time we bought a house!
Anyhow, since I was with friends, I took the kids along with me. (One great perk about this job is the flexibility. I would never take my kids with me when going out with clients I don't know.) So Jonathan and Katie got to hang out with me.
The first house was very interesting...a major fixer. The second house was also very interesting...a total dump (the house was loaded with stuff.) Trust me, if you want to SELL your home, clean it up first, and get rid of clutter.
The third house was cute inside, but you could scratch the back of the neighbor next door through your window. The fourth house was okay. The 5th house was a lot more promising. We were going to look at a sixth home, but I forgot to call the realtor ahead to get the key. We'll try again.
All this time the kids are doing great, mine and theirs. Jonathan is going to be a great salesman someday. I should take notes from him. As we were leaving the third house he turned to my friends and said, "So far, I think this is the house you are looking for." What a line! Maybe I'll use it on other clients! Maybe I should just bring him with me when showing homes. He is very cute and charming!

5 comments:

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

how fun! I love looking at homes too. Looking forward to moving again....soon! (in my dreams...)

:)

Leah said...

Sounds like a fun way to spend some time with friends! I'm a little intrigued with who they are since I think I know most people who comment on your blogs...a mystery! =) Hope they had fun!!

lani said...

it's so cool that you're in a job that you enjoy so much and allows you so much flexibility! how fun!

Unknown said...

:)

Hannah said...

That is a cute line from Jonathan...definitely use it. Sounds like your having fun yay!