Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Catch Up Post

Rob's mom was with us for Christmas this year. The kids really enjoyed that. She actually drove up here from San Jose several days before Christmas (in all the snow)!

Jonathan and Katie had a great Christmas break, and holiday. It was so much fun to play in the snow, and just hang out at home as a family. For Christmas, we gave Jonathan a Magic set. He absolutely loves it. He has been trying to practice all the tricks and gives performances to everyone who comes to our house. Katie got some fun gifts too, but the thing I will remember the most is something she said while opening a gift from my parents. One of the gifts my parents gave Katie was new "Princess" underwear. Katie could not contain her excitement. As she unwrapped each individual pantie, she would exclaim, "Look, I got bigger underwear!" Now that is not something you would hear most women say, that's for sure!

My Christmas gift from Rob's dad just arrived today. It got lost somehow with all the crazy weather, and UPS not delivering in the snow. According to the tracking information on the internet, the package arrived in Portland on Dec. 24th. Hmmm. Well, I'm happy it has arrived. (It's a gift card to Bed, Bath & Beyond.) Can't wait to go shopping.
Jonathan is back to school, Katie is back to her routine with the sitters, and Rob and I are back to work. It's good to be back. I'll have to add pictures to my next blog post.

3 comments:

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

I think it's funny that his dad sent a gift card to you via UPS as a package! Wow! I had the same thing happen to me over Christmas week...I was waiting for a new-to-me baby carrier, and it said it arrived like 6 days prior to me actually receiving it. Grr.....I think UPS need chains :) Glad you had a fun Christmas!!

lani said...

cute comment from katie! kids are so adorably candid... :)
can't wait to see photos!

Hannah said...

Yay shopping :) enjoy! I bet David and Daniel would like to be in an audience for one of Jonathan's magic performances. Maybe in a future get together... It was fun getting together with you guys over break.