Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Packed A Lot In This Week

Boy, what a week! I helped out in the VBS preschool class every day this week as well as worked Monday, Tuesday and some of Wednesday, went to the Carnival on Thursday night at church and then went to an all night walk for the American Cancer Society on Friday and a birthday party this afternoon.


About VBS: I'm proud to say that I managed to lead the preschoolers all week, but I'm embarrassed to say that I complained quite a bit about it, too. The kids were fun, but very, very busy. Heidi's leaving on Monday was sad, but I was so worried about her while she was helping. I had some teenage helpers to help me out, and then my friend Carrie asked her friend to help me out for Thursday and Friday. This gal, Sarah, was great. She has led the preschool Awana class so she was familiar with some of the kids. She was just the right help that I needed at the right time.


About Work: I estimate I worked about 16 hours this week in the afternoons and evenings. Even so, I can't say I got a whole lot done. I am looking forward to going back to work on Monday having a more undivided focus, and more energy too. On Tuesday I found out that two potential clients decided not to buy/sell right now, so that was disappointing. So I'll just have to continue making calls and meeting people. If you know of anyone who would like a really great Realtor--(Me)--let me know!


About the Cancer Relay: I participated in the American Cancer Society's (ACS) Relay for Life on Friday night. I was a part of a team from my office. The relay was held on the Sandy HS track. It started at 6 pm and ended at 9 am. I was up all night, and felt so tired that I actually left around 5:30 this morning so that I could get some sleep before we headed out for a birthday party picnic. The relay was great! It was so neat to hear stories from some of the people dealing with canceer. At 10 pm they lit up these luminaries (white paper bags with sand and a candle inside) and lined them up all along the track. They were there for us to remember those who are dealing with cancer or who have died from cancer. It was very special. The members of each team took turns walking around the track all night. In addition to that we had been collecting donations for the ACS for the past few months.

Thinking about VBS and the Relay, I am glad that I had the opportunity to participate in such wonderful events this week.

2 comments:

Leah said...

It sounds like you had such a busy - but memorable week! I'm glad you found some fun in all of it!

Unknown said...

Wow! you were busy!!! The relay sounds wonderful, feels like there is WAY TOO MUCH cancer these days. Hang in there with work.