Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This is Not What I Expected!

So I was so pumped to get back to work this week, after having been so busy with VBS last week. On Sunday I made this long to-do list of all that I wanted to do at work to try to meet new people and drum up some possible contacts.


Monday morning: Jonathan feels sick, like he's about to throw up. I cancel the kid's plans to spend the day with Grandma. Guess I'm staying home today. Jonathan sleeps on the couch most of the morning and finally starts to feel better by dinner time.


Tuesday morning: Right as the babysitter is about to arrive Katie throws up all over the floor. Uggh! Thankfully, she is an Angel and she is willing to stay so that I can go to a meeting at work. I arrive an hour later than I wanted to, though because of all of the clean up that I needed to do before I left the house.


Tuesday night: I am not feeling so good...Oh No! You guessed it. I got sick. I lay in bed all night tossing and turning. My stomach hurts so much. I ended up sleeping in the guest room just so Rob could get some sleep.


Wednesday: I lay on the couch all day, feeling crummy. Not only because I am sick, but because of all that I did not get to do so far this week!


It is Wednesday night. I still don't feel all the way better, but close enough. I had to go in to work this afternoon to meet a client. Fortunately I was up for it. (I hope that I didn't pass any of my germs around, though.) I was able to write up a listing contract to sell his house, so that is great! And I still have 2 more days left of this week to get some work done. It is so hard for me to adjust my plans sometimes. But sometimes there are things that we just can't control. Rob reminded me of that today. He has been an encouragement to me this week, as I have grumbled about having to readjust my expectations for the week.

I'm putting it all in God's hands tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh poor Amie! I hate being sick like that! I'm glad it looks like it was only a 24 hour thing..hope the rest of your week gets better.

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Congrats on your second listing! We'll keep you posted!

Unknown said...

No fun! Hopefully you will be able to feel 100% the rest of the week and make a dent on your to-do list! Woohoo for a second listing!!!