Thursday, October 30, 2008


Well I did it. I took a risk and not only decided to have my hair highlighted, but I went to the Mt. Hood Community College Hair Salon and had it done there! It was fun! I went with Heidi. She had her hair highlighted too. Her hair turned out absolutely stunning!





So here's a really gross picture of me before I left to get my hair done that morning. I washed my hair and let it dry naturally. I didn't even do my hair before I left. (How embarrassing!) The gal who did my hair is a student in the cosmetology program. She loves to do hair coloring. So she was pretty experienced at it. Afterwards she trimmed my hair and flat-ironed it straight. I looked like a different person when I walked out of there, as you'll see from my next photo.







I probably won't be wearing my hair this straight very often. It takes a long time to do (which is something that I don't have.) But it's fun to look this way for a few days. Once I wash my hair my curls will come back. I like the highlights too. They are subtle, but give me a feeling of newness.
I'd highly recommend going to the college's hair salon. They do a good job for a great price! Check them out:http://www.mhcc.edu/pages/2951.asp

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow!!! You look awesome. Your before picture was not gross though as you said.

Leah said...

Gorgeous! Isn't getting your hair done one of lifes little pleasures, one that is worth doing!?

Kristi said...

Your hair is soo cute! I noticed from afar on Wed night that you'd had it highlighted, but I didn't get close enough to say anything. =)

Unknown said...

Wow! It looks great! Your blue eyes really stand out. Beautiful!!!